For me, a good facial cream is the essence of my daily morning routine. After searching for a long time and testing several different brands, i discovered the german brand Weleda for my skin! This natural cosmetics brand offers everything sensitive skin needs: good ingredients and a sensitive formula! Especially great: The Weleda Sensitive Skin Facial Cream with Almond Oil .
Weleda: Natural cosmetics for the face!
Before I “discovered” natural cosmetics, I was using conventional products – both expensive and cheap – but it never felt quite right for me! Most of the time my skin felt dry and was reddened after the application. I had dry spots around my nose, which made me very insecure. After trying several different, well known brands, I decided to go natural and give natural products a chance. And from there on, I never used anything else!
Natural cosmetics dispenses with many ingredients, that may harm your skin. And trust me – there are A LOT of ingredients that you probably won’t like to have on your skin. You wouldn’t believe what some brands put in their facial creams! From carcinogenic parabenes, to plasticizers, plastic, aggressive chemicals, silicones or petroleum. Weleda, as a natural brand, dispensed completely with these ingredients.
The Weleda Almond Facial Cream: Few and good ingredients
The ingredients of the Weleda almond face cream can be counted on two hands – which is really special! It contains very few, well selected ingredients.
Ingridients of the Weleda Sensitive Skin Facial Cream:
, , , , , ), , ,
- Aqua is the basis of the Weleda almond cream. Which is wonderful! Just think about the fact, that we also are 80% water! =)
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) – also called almond oil – is a light, vegetable oil. It is perfect for dry, rough, brittle and dry skin. It contains a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids, oil and linoleic acid.
- Alcohol in cosmetics is used for various reasons. It helps to mix fabrics with each other and has a foam-reducing effect. In addition, alcohol helps to inhibit the growth of microorganisms on the skin and the cream.
- Glyceryl Stearate SE: A safe substance, which causes the mixing of immiscible liquids by changing its interfacial tension.
- Hydrolyzed Beeswax reduces the surface tension of cosmetic products and contributes to an even distribution in the application.
- Prunus Domestica (Seed Oil) is a vegetable, light oil, which penetrates the skin quickly. It is perfect for sensitive and dry skin. Just like the almond oil, it contains many unsaturated fatty acids, oil and linoleic acid.
- Xanthan Gum helps to mix liquids and imparts a gel-like consistency. Is also great for your skin.
- Lactic Acid keeps moisture and stabilizes the pH-value of creams.
Packing, consistency and smell of the Weleda Facial Cream
The Weleda Sensitive Skin Facial Cream is wrapped in a pink 30ml tube, packed in a small carton. The smell of the white cream is very subtle. It smells only slightly like almonds. Unlike many other creams, the smell of this facial cream really lags behind, which I find very pleasant. The consistency of the cream is nicely greasy.
Effect & feeling on the skin
Because the Weleda face cream is wonderfully smudgy, it is very easy to spread and you do not need much for the entire face. Although it contains good oils, such as almond oil and prune seed oil, it does’t leave my skin greasy at all. Of course, this can be different from skin type to skin type, my skin “devours” this cream in record time. In addition, the cream does not leave a “plastic feeling”, which I sometimes had when using conventional cosmetics with silicones.
Especially in winter, this cream provides a lot of moisture and protection against the cold. I honestly think, that even if you have greasy skin, you should try this cream! I made the experience, that especially with greasy skin a relatively oily cream can even help to degrease the skin permanently. The skin gets used to the additional oil of the cream after a while and produces less of it. Just try it and find out if your skin “ticks” the way mine does.
My Experience with the Weleda Sensitive Skin Facial Cream with almond oil
I have to admit – I am extremely thrilled by this facial cream. The Weleda Almond Facial Cream contains great ingredients and, more importantly, no doubtful ingredients. It does not irritate a bit – on the contrary: it soothes irritated skin! I am not thrilled by the alcohol inside, but it is essential for the cream production, as it can mix oils and water. In addition to the Weleda face cream, I currently use an extra eye cream and pure coconut oil to cleanse my the skin.