Finding a good face cream is not so easy, right? That’s why I testet the Weleda Smoothing Day Cream Wild Rose (also called Weleda Renewing Day Cream). I was super excited to try this cream. Especially after I discovered the Weleda almond face cream, which i truely love! The Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream is a little different to the almond cream, but overall has a lot of the same benefits: certified natural cosmetic, without harsh chemicals and with many great oils.
Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream: Highlights
- Rich daily care for normal & mixed skin
- reduces wrinkles
- many light oils, which are quickly absorbed: almond oil, rose hip seed oil, peach kernel oil
- rose hip seed oil (also wild rose oil); Rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid); Gives a velvety skin feel
- intense wild rose fragrance
Ingredients of Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream
The Weleda Renewing Day Cream is made of great ingredients:
Water (Aqua) • Prunus Persica Kernel Oil • Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract • Alcohol • Glyceryl Stearate SE • Rosa Moschata Seed Oil • Hydrolyzed Beeswax • Lysolecithin • Sedum Purpureum Extract • Equisetum Arvense Extract • Commiphora Myrrah Extract • Xanthan Gum • Fragrance (Parfum) • Limonene • Linalool • Citronellol • Benzyl Alcohol • Geraniol • Citral • Eugenol • Farnesol
Let’s translate this:
Water • Peach kernel oil • Almond oil • Alcohol • Fatty acid glyceride • Rose hip seed oil (also known as wild rose oil) • Bee wax hydrolyzate • Lysolecithin • Extract of Sedum Purpureum • Extract from horsetail • Commiphora Myrrah Extract • Xanthan • Blend of natural essential oils
- Peach kernel oil – a light oil; absorbs quickly; Improves barrier function of the skin – perfect for dry skin
- Rosehip seed oil – very fine, light oil; Perfect for scaly, dry skin; lot’s of unsaturated fatty acids, oil and linoleic acid
- Extract of Sedum Purpureum – The Sedum Purpureum is a plant native to Eurasia. The extract of this plant contains tannins and sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols can swell in water and store moisture.
- Horsetail extract – Also a plant. It contains silicic acid and flavonoids. Works regenerating.
- Commiphora Myrrah Extract – Also called myrrh. Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Alcohol in cosmetics is used for various reasons. It helps to mix fabrics with each other and has a foam-reducing effect. In addition, alcohol helps reduce the growth of microorganisms on the skin and the cream.
Packing, consistency and smell of the Weleda Renewing Day Cream
The Weleda Smoothing Day Care Wild Rose comes in a pretty, purple-pink box, typically for Weleda products. The cream itself is in a 30g tube. The consistency of the cream is pretty good – very fine and easy to distribute. However the most interesting thing (and the biggest difference to the Weleda almond cream) is the intense fragrance! In comparison to the odorless almond cream, which I usually use, this cream has a very intense fragrance.
My Experience : Effect & Feeling on the skin
Smoothing creams are a delicate subject! Most of the creams I’ve tried felt rather unpleasant on the skin. Either firming creams have felt dry on my skin (because of too much alcohol and too little nourishing oils) or they have covered my skin with a layer of plastic (silicones). This cream, however, is completely different. It doesn’t feel quite as oily and rich as the Weleda almond cream, but also not too firming like many others. Of course, this cream also doesn’t contain any silicones.
I’ve been using this cream for almost a month now and my skin looked nicely smooth every time I used it. The cream gets absorbed relatively quickly and doesn’t leave much oil on the skin – in contrast to the Weleda almond cream. However, this cream has a really intense smell of wild rose. Of course, this fragrance is wonderful and beguiling, but unfortunately also a bit obtrusive. I am more a fan of natural fragrances, so this cream smells a bit too intense for me. I can recommend this cream to all, who love wild rose fragrance, like to use natural cosmetics and want to smooth their skin!
Natural Cosmetics by “Weleda”
Weleda is a relatively well-known manufacturer of certified natural cosmetics. They produce natural creams, herbal medicines and other natural cosmetics such as shower gels, shampoos, lip balms, toothpastes, fragrances, baby cosmetics and much more! At Weleda everything is about beauty, good ingredients, sustainability and mindfulness. Weleda also carries the NATURE certificate. NATRUE-labeled products guarantee that they meet the highest standards.
Why I use natural cosmetics
For me, natural cosmetics is the better alternative to conventional cosmetics. Natural cosmetic products dispense with many ingredients, that I would rather not have on my skin. We often forget, that the skin is our largest organ and it is by no means impermeable! On the contrary, our skin absorb pretty much everything that we put on. This means that unfortunately unhealthy ingredients, hormone-modifying substances and allergy triggers are also absorbed. For me and my skin, the transition from conventional cosmetics to natural products has helped enormously. I enjoy to know the ingredients of my products and above all: understand them.
Have you already tested this cream? What do you think?